AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Thursday 22 November 2012

Literary Sisters and the Italian Belle Epoque

How would you feel if your sister burnt your manuscript?

My post on the turbulent life of literary sisters The Brontes is over at Enchanted by Josephine, a blog that more often specializes in book reviews and posts about French Royalty and La Belle Epoque. I thought a bit of Yorkshire grit and the wild moors would make a nice contrast over there.

For those of you more used to me talking about the wilds of Westmorland I thought I'd bring a flavour of Enchanted by Josephine over here. Below is a picture from an exhibition of the Italian Belle Epoque. I love this picture of a woman sewing. More similar pictures can be seen at the Dolce Vita blog: or why not visit Enchanted by Josephine where you can click to enter a Giveaway of THE GILDED LILY.
Scroll down for snow!

La Belle Epoque Italiana




And for anyone wondering why there is no snow yet on this post (The Gilded Lily is set in the snow of the winter of 1661) - here it is! A picture of Gabrielle Ray who was known as one of the most beautiful women of the Edwardian Era and often photographed. This photo came from a blog dedicated to Gabrielle Ray - click on it to take you there.





2 comments:

  1. I am also inspired by the idea of how deeds from the past might come to bear on one's children, even when they are grown up as best essay. And I wanted to explore how people with nothing in common can band together under adversity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for the great post here, I really enjoyed reading it a lot. Please make sure to cehck this https://millerjohnwritings.wixsite.com/bestwritingservices/writemyessaytoday-review article here to avoid fake & scam.

    ReplyDelete